CURRENT POSITION AND AFFILIATIONS
Warning: include(pages/address.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /homepages/24/d257962391/htdocs/hanspeterplag/about_hpp/pages/home.php on line 5
Warning: include(): Failed opening 'pages/address.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php7.2') in /homepages/24/d257962391/htdocs/hanspeterplag/about_hpp/pages/home.php on line 5
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Sustainability and Adaptation science
Earth system science and modern global change
Global to local sea level changes and modern climate change
Solid Earth geophysics
Space geodesy and geodetic reference frames
[2019/01/17] Lecture at the ILR, Virginia Beach on “The United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development” (pptx).
[2018/11/2 ] Presentation at the workshop held in Brest, France, on November 26-27, 2018 on “Plastics: A rapidly growing global challenge for Earth's life-support system and humanity” (pdf).
[2018/10/18] Lecture at the ILR, Virginia Beach on “Modern Climate Change: A Symptom of Humanity's Evolution into a Growth-Addicted Industrialized Civilization” (pptx).
RESEARCH TOPICS ADDRESSED
- Sustainability of the anthropsphere, global and climate change mitigation and adaptation;
- Sea level fluctuations and impacts on humans and ecosystems;
- Monitoring, analyzing variations, and modeling physical
parameters of the Earth system from global to local
spatial scales and temporal scales from minutes to millenia,
including, but not limited to Earth rotation, displacements of
the Earth surface, fluxes in the global water cycle, sea level,
atmospheric water content, air pressure, temperature, wind, etc.;
- General approach to studies of the Earth system;
- Rheology of the Earth mantle;
- Geophysical phenomena and geodetic observations related to
global geodetic reference frames;
- Earth rotation studies and integration of the solid Earth into
Earth system models;
- Deformations of the Earth due to exogenic forcing, particularly
postglacial rebound and atmospheric, oceanic, hydrological and cryospheric loading;
- Inproving the global geodetic reference frame as a major
utility for all Earth observation;
- Application of geodetic techniques to geohazards and early warning.